Tuesday, February 06, 2018

If you are researching your Alabama folks, then you will want to subscribe to a free newsletter, Alabama Pioneers.


I don't always read all of it, but it is helpful to my research because there are days when you read something and a light bulb is turned on in your head!

For example, today's item, (I opened up my email account and there it was), has a header "Free Links to Some Early Alabama Marriages by County".  Free is the best!  Unless I know that I already have all the marriage information for Bibb County Alabama relatives, (which I probably don't), then you will click on that link, first thing!

It makes sense that if you are looking for genealogy information in any state or county, that you will want to subscribe to a blog, newsletter, or whatever, that has that place in its title.  

One of the links in this article brought me to this Site, where marriage info for the period, "Before 1825", resided.  http://www.censusdiggins.com/alabama_marriages.html
has, in turn, links to other sites for related research!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...