by any other name would smell as sweet.
Here is the land record link for federal land records.
- The term "GLO" stands for General Land Office (in 1946, it became the Bureau of Land Management). An example of an 1845 Deed is HERE.
- To learn more about land records for the purpose of researching your history, heritage, and genealogy, link to this handout. (This link includes a discussion of state land offices, county records, and the value of land records for genealogists.
- Many Americans worked as tenant farmers in return for a share of the crop. (True or false)?
- What is the difference between a sharecropper and a tenant farmer?
- Read more at this link: Gale Group
- Read a page of this handout everyday until you've completed reading the handout: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~flmgs/articles/BLM_LANDRECS2013_a_2.pdf
- General Land Office (Texas): this is an example of an amazing effort to educate the public.
- The U.S. Constitution and Private Property Connection. (Just a little off the topic--but related)
- Land, Culture, Development and Migration in the Upper Midwest