Thursday, February 14, 2019

Spotlighting History in the United States



https://dp.la/exhibitions/civilian-conservation-corps/nature-conservation-recreation


Enter the halls of historical events; was your ancestor a member of the CCC?  Did all of the men return home when their job was done?  

As I compared the names of those who were serving in Niceville, Okaloosa County, Florida with the surnames familiar to me (via my genealogical searches), I noticed that several local family names jived with the several names of men who were in the Civilian Conservation Corps! 

I'm fortunate to live in Okaloosa County, Florida at a time when one individual in particular has gathered the information and posted it online.   Check it out!  http://boggyflorida.com/Niceville/CCC.html

Useful to me in locating historical information was the "Digital Public Library".

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...