Friday, October 14, 2016

USGS Historical Topographic Map Explorer

 USGS Historical Topographic Map Explorer

We have talked in class, about organization of our family history.  Maps/locations/places are a key element in understanding how our ancestors lived.  Why not organize your "favorties" or "bookmarks" function to reflect various key places, not just in the here and now, but historically, as well?

Note-taking is another way to organize.  I use Evernote 
and it's so exciting to be able to really flesh out the links that help me to identify my family members "way back".  Of course there are several other options available for keeping up with your discoveries; this is just the one that I am familiar with.  See if you can find a way to keep up with the treasures you find online.  This one of course will be filed in my Evernote Program under a notebook called Finding the Place! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...