Saturday, March 03, 2018

The First Annual NWFL Family History Fair Has Happened.

Well!  The First Annual NWFL Family History Fair was, in my humble opinion, a wonderful success.  Let me know if you attended and what your take was.  I'm sure that improvements can be made and your suggestions can help.

The reason I liked it so much:  I found a dozen cousins or more as those who have put their family trees on FamilySearch.com as those of us sitting in the room, loaded the app "Relatives Around Us".  I sure feel happy to know so many of us connected!

I will be posting my presentation and all the websites I recommend; my launch point was this...before  you get on the internet, write down or chart what you know about your ancestor, already.  Then, set as your goal to obtain the information online for the stuff you don't already know.  Construct a profile and a timeline for your ancestor.  Then, use those question marks to drive your online search.

Thanks to the committee and all the volunteers for the wonderful job done today and thanks to all of you who attended.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...