is Family History Month!
Ten Things to Do This Month To Celebrate Family HIstory Month
2. Get a Facebook Account and Use it to Round up Your Relatives: Once you have your facebook account, you may form a "group" page for one of your family lines. You can have more than one group, but choose the first group according to whether you have two, three, or four contacts that also use facebook. Give them the ability to invite other family members.
4. Buy, Borrow or obtain from the library a book (fiction or non-fiction) on Genealogy/Family History. Surf on over to Amazon.com or https://www.readokaloosa.org and see what you can "rustle up".
5. Check your tree and make sure you have a 1940 census entry for everyone alive at the time. For the missing ones, you can search the 1940 census for free.
6. Write two paragraphs about an ancestor's life. (Got this one from the same article as #5): http://blog.familytreemagazine.com/insider/2014/09/10/17GenealogyThingsToDoIfYouHaveOnlyAFewMinutes.aspx
7. Find and read a new blog. http://tinyurl.com/ox3ncya (How to find a genealogy blog).
8. Get an account at FamilySearch.
9. Make or adopt a genealogy checklist: Example: http://www.capitalareagenealogy.org/forms/FRB_Resources_Checklist.pdf
Link to Newsletter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19TcyHDurckQGhUYH8FNCAe9umj7iJj4by0RRaZbGt20/edit?usp=sharing