Monday, February 02, 2015

Announcing the Eight Semifinalists for the $25,000 RootsTech Innovator Challenge

Announcing the Eight Semifinalists for the $25,000 RootsTech Innovator Challenge

As I read the list of semifinalists and the description of their entries, I almost shivered with delight.   What vision and far thinking each of the semifinalists have!  I saw several that captivated my attention:

  • Argus Search:  Didn't even realize it was possible to develop a search engine for old handwriting!
  • HistoryLines.com: Can't wait for this technology; it should lead to more possible avenues for research.
Okay, Okay, I'm not a techno-phobe; my understanding of the descriptions in this article may be a little off, but I seriously love living in this age of technology; it brings the genealogist in me to tears of happiness!  Technology will never work for us, however, when we do shoddy research, so our job is clear cut: bring our best game to match with others' best techno innovation and voila, we have trees sprouting everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...