Saturday, April 13, 2019

Obituaries Folder

In scrabbling around (I have tons of paper, notebooks, newspaper clippings, etc.), I found one folder that held "Obituaries".  

 I noticed that I had gotten the basic (vital) facts from the first obit, but had neglected to record the whole obituary as written, ....you know, the part with relatives, brief life sketch, etc.

Everyone deserves to be remembered (you will often hear that sentiment from a genealogist or see it in written materials).  What I have done in the past, finding a place to put the obituary information/sentiment, as well as the vital "facts", is to enter it at FamilySearch.org, on the personal profile "page" for that person.  Located at the top of the items listed, including details for birth date, etc., is a heading for "Life Sketch".  You can easily enter the detailed obit information, here under this section.  



The obituary itself, or rather an "Image" of it can be added under the Memories option.  There are other options, as well.  You can read the obituary and by this I mean that you can vocally read it and add it as a recording, also a "Memories" feature.

Questions?  Please contact me at margaret.harris@gmail.com if you need further instructions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...