Thursday, April 25, 2019

How Do You Group or Organize Your Family History Files?

Occasionally, I think that I have worked a lifetime finding the trails of my ancestors and yet failed to organize those files in a way that makes sense.

I am equally challenged by the sharing (or lack of) the discoveries and surprises, the human drama stuff.  Here are a few forgotten files I found on my computer and their relevancy to the families I cherish as my own. 

I think that, for now, I will open one file at a time and post it in some type of format that gives clarity and direction.  My first such effort can be viewed; this is research conducted by my Dad, Wiley Benjamin Hill, years ago.   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F-9kbDO1QJ7CP8KOED9he19FvWYZ0OWdjeFk6ncfinw/edit?usp=sharing

It is just a tidbit, but every tidbit teaches us something about the resources that can be searched. 


 I will show the information, for posterity's sake by entering the details, if possible, at the FamilySearch.org website.  I'll let you know how it comes out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...