Saturday, June 13, 2020

Family History requries Research as well as storytelling.

World War I Draft Registrations (notes from familysearch wiki):

24 Million Men, born between 13 September 1873 and 12 September 1900 (between the ages of 18 and 45) registered with with the Selective Service.The registration cards for all of the states and territories have been microfilmed in National Archive Microfilm Publication M1509 World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards and are part of Record Group 163 Records of the Selective Service System (World War I) The collection has been indexed and is available on FamilySearch.

If you aren't familiar with finding free records at FamilySearch, do this:

  1. Register for a free account.
  2. Then, log in to familysearch.org
  3. Look at the opening page; there are about five headings; one of them is "Search".  Choose to search the familysearch "Wiki".  search for  

    United States World War I Draft Records

    https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1968530

    please e-mail me if you have questions, comments, or if you found this useful.  For a peek at what the uniforms looked like: https://www.historyhit.com/uniforms-of-world-war-one-the-clothes-that-made-the-men/

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...