Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Obituaries and Death Records, Chapter 2

Resources for Finding obituaries and death records:

  1.  https://www.archives.com/ (free trial)  
  2. Legacy.com (not sure of the origin of this database); probably it is free trial.  Will report as I find out more.
  3.  Tributes.com: Begins with your local obits.  This site is online obits, funeral notices and death records.  Someone try it and write a review!  mmharris52@yahoo.com
  4. Search the wonderful resources of libraries!  Visit worldcat.org!   Search by place (where you think your relative lived and/or died).  Then, by name.  THIS IS A FREE SITE!  It is also a site that will serve you best if you sign in.  
  5. Use your search this way...on your browser bar, type in a description of the library that you want to access.  For example I entered "Monroe Couty Library System" New York.  Here is what popped up (no surprises here!):  https://libraryweb.org/ for Monroe County, Rochester, New York.
  6. Interment.net:  I have utilized this site several times in the past but it is now powered by Genealogy Bank.  You get a free week then you have to start paying!  
  7. If you missed it, now is the time for you to review my previous post, "Chapter 1" or just link up with FamilySearch link: United States Death Records!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...