Thursday, April 23, 2015

Where Did My Ancestors Really Live - GHL Blog – GHL Blog

Where Did My Ancestors Really Live - GHL Blog – GHL Blog

If you are researching in North Carolina, you will want to follow this blog.  It's also a great idea to read blogs from any library that features a genealogy collection or department.  You can get an education that way, if you're not careful!  


This particular article begins with a question, "Where Did My Ancestors Really Live"?  If you are new to genealogy, you will quickly realize that some ancestors were constantly moving!  Why did they move?  What were some of the migration routes they utilized?

Even if your ancestor didn't move, but lived in the same house his whole life, it is possible that he still lived in three different counties.  Click on the link above (the GHL Blog) and find out how that was possible!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...