Monday, March 31, 2014

Social Networking for Genealogists - Family Social Networks & Online Family Trees

Social Networking for Genealogists - Family Social Networks & Online Family Trees

I appreciate this article and wonder how up-to-date it is.  Nevertheless, I am a little overwhelmed in preparing for my presentation coming up on Saturday, April 12th, at the Genealogical Society and any web site that mentions Social Networking is going into my "arsenal"---wish I could think of a better word---I'm certainly not planning an attack!

Originally, I was thinking that "Social Networking for Genealogy" had more to do with Facebook, Twitter, and Piinterest; now I realize that there are many web sites that have been created for the purpose of genealogy networking, specifically.

Actually, we've had "social" networking for genealogy since the days of Bulletin Boards and "soc genealogy".  Okay, I'm totally still getting my ducks in a row, (is this a hunting reference?), and whittling down the material to 45 minutes will be a challenge!  What do you get out of social networking for genealogy?  Have you located collaborators, family members. or distant cousins?  Let me hear your stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I was Young! Tennis Interview

  I may have been a little bit precocious at the age of 15 or 16.  But I didn't let that stop me!   While Northwest Florida might have b...